Netball New Zealand, Netball’s national sporting organisation, has the responsibility for leading the development of the sport through Poipoia (the Netball in New Zealand strategic plan) Netball has a proud tradition of widespread participation and sporting excellence from grass roots Netball through to the Silver Ferns. Through its role of developing and managing national programmes for participation, coaches, umpires and officials, Netball New Zealand aims for Netball to continue to be the sport of first choice for New Zealanders.
Netball New Zealand works hard to support Netball’s five Zones and 83 Netball Centres who deliver the game to its 140,000 registered members and 300,000 plus people who participate in the game annually, in New Zealand.
With a high profile, strong viewership, and love for the game in New Zealand, Netball New Zealand’s events and competitions provide the opportunities for kiwis to connect with the game.
About the Role
The key purpose of this role is to:
- Lead and support a sustainable coaching system that will grow the confidence, competence, and motivation of Netball coaches across community Netball.
- Lead and support the development of strategies, programmes and resources for Coaches and Coach Developers of Junior (Year 1-8), Secondary School and Club players and teams.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Development Framework for Foundation, CCA1, CCA2 and PCQ qualifications.
- Ensure alignment with Poipoia (Netball in New Zealand Strategy) across all community coaching strategies, programmes, and initiatives, strengthening coaching levels and quality nationally.
- Manage and lead the development, review, and implementation of the Community Coaching Strategy and Coach Development Framework.
- Lead the development and implementation of an effective system for the on-going training of coach developers. (Junior, Community, Umpire Coach Developers) to ensure ongoing sustainability of quality support and development opportunities for coaches across community Netball.
- Work collaboratively with the High-Performance team to ensure alignment of coaching from Foundation to High Performance.
We are seeking someone who has broad sporting sector knowledge and experience and extensive knowledge of community coach development and the Netball Development Officer network.
You will have development/teaching and coaching experience with relevant recognised Coach Developer qualifications. Extensive experience within the sport of Netball with a sound understanding of the organisation at all levels is an advantage.
You have strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills that generate mutual respect and trust and can communicate strategies, inspire, and ensure ‘buy in’ from a diverse range of stakeholders.
Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders by sharing relevant information and identifying and dealing with issues effectively are key skill sets.
We value our people and reward them with a supportive work environment.
Have you got the skills and experience we need?
If so, send your detailed C.V to
Applications close at 12 noon on Wednesday 9 February 2022
Interviews for shortlisted applicants will be held on 11 or 14 February 2022
For a copy of the Job Description please email a request to